You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘holiday gifts’ tag.
It truly takes a visionary to come up with a list such as this – and Caitlin Peters of Wanderlustings is just that! Her incredible taste combines with a soulful whimsy to bring Sprout Chicago these fantastic gift suggestions for women:
1) Navy Phantom Tights by Qoo Qoo Fashion
2) Vanilla Chai Perfume Oil by Long Winter Soap Co
3) Aqua “Life She Imagined” Print by Amanda Catherine Des
4) Craft Nail Transfers by Kate Broughton
5) Double Gal Vintage Bag from Bird Trouble
6) Bilbao Colored Handle Teacups by A Quartzy Life
7) Love Made Me Do It Ring by Manoy Metal
8) White Blouse by Arcelia Home
9) Gold Dipped Geo Earrings by A Merry Mishap
I am on a mission. On a quest to find natural and locally made products for the day to day requirements of life. I’ve learned how to make my own deodorant, grown veggies, and have cleaned with vinegar. But there’s one task too daunting for DIY: soap making. There’s a fine art and science to the creation of this daily necessity that I dare not discover on my own.
That’s why I am delighted to bring you an interview with a local soap master who’s creations have stolen the hearts of many Chicagoans, including my husband. David Melis, of Edgewater Soaps, has been making delicious batches of suds since 2002. From lavender oatmilk and rosemary lemon soaps, to avocado facial bars and coconut neem oil dog shampoo, David’s creations span a wide range of scents and needs. Read on to learn about his dedication to natural ingredients and passion for his work. Read the rest of this entry »